The Secret Life of Rumpus the Rabbit

My favourite comic is ‘The Phoenix’. I love to read about Rumpus the Rabbit. Here is a story based on the comic:

Because of the shadow forces, the whole world of legacy is being dilapidated. Only Hightown, a tranquil city with a place called ‘The Burnt District’. Burnt and scary filled with spiders its only inhabitants are the ‘Wild Kin’.

The Wild Kin are ferocious fighters, they only let people into their den if they are captured, or they are friends. While Rumpus the Rabbit jumps from roof to roof, he sees some eggs falling from their nest. He jumps and saves the eggs and puts them back in the nest…but a mulitcoloured shape arose from the dark and chased Rumpus through the dark shadows. The shape chased Rumpus through a dark tunnel where it got lost and went home.

Rumpus, on the other hand, found a wall and climbed over it and found some walking fruits! Ants were carrying the fruit. so he went and helped the ants to get home safely. He lifted rocks, held up leaves to stop water from flooding the ants and helped them across water. He swam across the water with the ants on his back.

At the end, he was exhausted and he fell over with exhaustion. While he was sleeping the ants carried him to their nest and when Rumpus awoke, to his amazement there were 30 fruits for him from the ants. They shared the fruits between them.

Then, when Rumpus had finished eating, he said ‘Goodbye’ to the ants and he walked down the street. When he arrived at his house, he saw his family eating lettuce and he smiled….however, an evil rabbit was stealing the lettuce!

Rumpus went Grumpus!

He followed the evil rabbit to his home and found out the evil rabbits name was Grumpous! When Grumpouse left his house for a walk; Rumpus stole the lettuce back and took it back to his family.

When Grumpouse got home, he saw the lettuce had gone and went mad! Rumpus, on the other hand, was treated like a hero and shared the lettuce with his family.

The End!

5 thoughts on “The Secret Life of Rumpus the Rabbit”

1. It sounds like Rumpus is quite the character! And this is just one of his many adventures? I love how you used the word dilapidated. I can really picture what you are trying to describe when you use words like that. I am not a big comic reader, but if I was, I would definitely try this one.

2. Hi Carol , thank you for your lovely comment. It is one of Rumpus’ many adventures.
    I might add some more this week! This was a bonus story – 2 in 1!
    You’ll have to check back and read the next installment – I hope that you like it!
    Bye!
    Alex

3. Dear Alex
    I like comics but I haven’t read the comic the secret life of rumpus the rabbit. But I love reading quest of the golden apple. It is a Minecraft comic book. Its awesome with fun adventures in the book. Have you read quest of the golden apple? Hey will you like to come to my blog? http://foster4dl.edublogs.org